Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ceiling Tile Bulletin Board

Our daughter, Chelsea, is getting ready to go to Dental Assistant School.  We have the necessities - antique desk and a backpack.  The only thing she needed was a bulletin board!  She picked up her "little sister" Dakota last night and they put together their own version of a bulletin board I had designed (which I called "the General" because it tells you what to do and when to do it.)  We took an antique ceiling tile and strung beads on a wire for a hanger.  Then we covered a piece of corkboard with fabric and hotglued it to the tin.  We dug thru my treasure of vintage brooches, earrings, etc. and glued tacks to the back of them.  We will embellish craft magnets to use on the metal when I can dig thru my treasure of vintage brooches, earrings, etc and find the craft magnets.  It will probably just be easier to go buy more. I am going straight to the office to print the following off for the young women to put on their fabulous new bulletin board:


 Ruth


patiently 


waited for


her mate 


Boaz. 


While waiting on 

YOUR Boaz,

 don't settle 

for ANY of his relatives:

Brokeaz, Poaz, Lyinaz, Cheatinaz,

Dumbaz, Cheapaz, Lockedupaz, 

Goodfornothinaz, Lazyaz, or Marriedaz,

and especially his third cousin Beatinyoaz. 

Please, wait on your Boaz & make sure he respects Yoaz!

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I love the bulletin board. I have some ceiling tiles so now I know what I can do with them. Love it. So glad you are doing this. I feel like I have you here. There are so many times I've wished you were here to help me. I used to think I was an ok decorator but because of limited time I'm good to have a clean house. I love you. I LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete