Monday, August 15, 2011

Just DO it!

I think the hardest part of starting anything is the challenge of taking on the unfamiliar.  I have had a desire to blog for a long time, but wasn't sure how to start.  I think it's kinda like waiting to buy a Christmas gift for the hardest person on my list.  I wait until the last minute thinking that the perfect gift will fall into my lap - and guess what!  Of course it never does - and I end up buying another gift card (which I love to get, by the way... Hobby Lobby thrills me every time. haha).  So, Here goes my first blog.  What an introduction.


I found 2 beautiful cabinet doors at a yard sale  for $1.  Of course they didn't look like this when I bought them - and I had no idea they would end up being the object of my first blog so I didn't take a picture.  This is where the concept of "Just DO it" comes in.  The logical mind says "those are pretty wood, but what the heck will I do with them?"  The Creative minds says "Wow!  Just a dollar!  Don't know what I will do with them, but I gotta have them!"  Then they sit in my garage for a few months until I go to one of those really good sales at Hobby Lobby - you know the kind that has you racing for the corner with your basket.  I bought these two wall plaques with absolutely no idea what I would do with them... and voila!!  Inspiration!  


I have a word of instruction about gluing these suckers on, though.  There exists no glue strong enough to hold them onto the slick wood.  Just trust me on this one.  You can guess why.  My redneck remedy is to put a nail thru the wood where the holder is on the back of the plaque - THEN put your glue on.  Gives you extra insurance that your creation will not fall apart.  



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congratulations, Jackie! I've been thinking that you need to blog all your wonderful creations! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! Love this. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete