Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our RV Re-Created for less than $100 (except the flooring added a little bit)





Camping is supposed to be fun and relaxing.
 How can I relax and enjoy
 myself when all around me, shiny brass,
floral walls and  dirty GREEN carpet. In "Just do it" mode - I grabbed the Kilz and got busy covering up the floral walls of days gone by.  So easy - why did I not do this years ago





.












covered these shades with fabric and painted
 the shiny brass.  (this is before)






















I spent hours trying to figure out how to cover up these decal laden cabinets... old tin? contact paper?....5 minutes with a razor blade solved this dilemma









I had broken the globe over the light fixture over the table.  After several failed attempts to "Hacki Shack" it, I finally
removed the chains from a garage Sale hanging basket and wired it onto the existing screw.  Love this!!










Here was one failed attempt.  Speaking of
failures - which, failure is a big part of my
"just do it" mentality.....Here is one of my
costly lessons.  I had read on the internet
that you could dye velvet.  Well, that might
work on real velvet, but on this synthetic
velvet, it rubs right off.  I always wanted to
cover a recliner.  not.  After picture for this will emerge someday.
Now, what can i do about the couch?  If you notice, there is no before picture of the couch.  There is a reason for that - and I bet you can guess what it is.  I bought 2 drop clothes - about $25.00 each and started tearing and stapling.  The only sewing I did, was a few hand stitches on the underside of the top cushions.

                                                                                                                       


hmmm...how can I spice this up? 

/stapled fabric to the wall - stapled a valance over the top of the bed that was made out of a  chenille pillow sham and spray painted stencil over the mirrored cabinets.  Busted up a garage sale Chandelier and added crystals to make the chandelier and small light covers over the headboard


Wish I would've done this years earlier, but then again, I would probably just be ready to redo it by now!


Ahhh.......NOW i can be a Happy Camper!















No comments:

Post a Comment