Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random Joy - Husband hand-me-downs



I realized today that I botched my first blog

Well, maybe not botched, but created 2 different ones....Here's my first attempt to blog from last september.

Psalm 16:11

New International Version (NIV)

11 You make known to me the path of life;
   you will fill me with joy in your presence,
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand

Simple joys - like turning on a fan so I won't sweat when I drink my coffee.
That makes me smile.
Snuggling with my recuperating husband - and he tells me to "be gentle."
That made me smile.

Random is definitely the word for the day.

So which one of my random thoughts is worthy of your time today?  I shared a beauty tip a couple of days ago on my fb status.  You can rub your "less than smooth" (sounds better than crusty) heels on rough concrete for the best pedicure ever.  How about a new "green" tip today?  (It's really not so much about saving the planet as it is saving my green hard-earned cash.)

This tip took me about 20 years of blissful married life to figure out.  Keith uses his razor blade just a couple of times before replacing it.  I have asked him to save his blades and instead of buying blades for myself, I simply use his cast-offs.  Works like a charm!

I pray that the Joy of Living in His presence may cause the "cast-off" of a smile for the lives we touch today

No comments:

Post a Comment